Sorry, this variation is currently unavailable
- Nagahara Naginata-Togi cross point nib with emperor reservoir
- 24 carat gold plated, 21 carat gold nib
- 24 carat gold plated trim
- PMMA resin barrel and cap
- Accepts Sailor cartridges
- May be filled form an inkwell using the converter supplied
- Diameter: 15mm
- Length: 115mm
- Length capped: 128mm
- Length posted: 148mm
The combination of the classic Sailor Professional Gear and the fabulous Naginata Togi Cross Emperor nib serve to demonstrate the precision, skill and art of Sailor's pen masters.
The Naginata togi means 'long curved sword' and refers to the special cross-point nib tip. This exceptional nib with its unique shape and special polishing allows for extremely smooth writing and can be reversed to achieve finer strokes. The Emperor bar provides an extra reservoir ensuring a constant ink flow across the wide variety of strokes made possible by the unique nib.
The cross-point nib is formed from two separate layers of 21K gold, one above the other. Each of these is slit in the usual way, with the upper layer extending beyond the lower. These are further shaped to produce the 'cross' where the upper and lower layers meet.