Dispatched in 4 to 7 days
International delivery is calculated as items are added to the cart
- Medium nib width
- Piston mechanism
- 18-karat/750 gold nib with rhodium trim
- 1.3 ml ink capacity with ink view window
- Features ornementation technique known as Damascus patterning
- Gold-plated 925 sterling silver
- Engraved by hand
- Presented in an attractive, black gift box
- 50 pieces manufactured per month in Germany
- Each piece is unique
The Pelikan Toledo 700 adds a slightly smaller variation to the exquisite Toledo range. The name comes from the Spanish city famous for its continued use of the ornamentation technique know as Damascus patterning, brought to Spain by Arab settlers thousands of years ago and perfected over the centuries. Thin gold film is pressed onto barrels formed from a single piece of 925 sterling silver which are then engraved by hand, giving each motif a life of its own.
Pelikan adopted the Damascus patterning technique for the Toleda in 1931 and continue to manufacture them in Germany. Due to the complexity and craftsmanship required only 50 can be made per month. Pelikan aim to achieve a master-piece with each Toledo and consider each a work of art and a small piece of history.