Dispatched in 4 to 7 days
International delivery is calculated as items are added to the cart
- White 'statuario' marble combined with platinum-plated accents
- Limited to 120 pieces worldwide
- Accepts Magnum Rollerball Refill
- Hand-made, individually numbered Limited Edition Pen of the Year 2018
- Marble pen body combined with intricately designed metal accents
- Laurel-wreaths, the Colosseum & 'denarius' coin celebrate the Roman Empire
- Presented in polished black wooden case complete with certificate of authenticy
Graf von Faber-Castell's acclaimed Pen of the Year series returns with another outstanding limited edition piece. Featuring white 'statuario' marble from Carrara or black 'Nero Marquina' marble from Biscay, the 2018 model celebrates an epoch that saw an empire spread across three continents, forever influencing our world. Stories of emperors, gladiators and blossoming culture are embodied within the design of this special, strictly limited Pen of the Year, named 'Imperium Romanum'.
Each individual item is produced by hand in the Stefan jewel studio, where the marble is divided by platinum-plated or anthracite-grey rings adorned with laurel-wreaths, symbolizing fame and success. The cap has been intricately engraved to portray the famous Colosseum and its cap end is crowned by a Roman denarius, a very rare coin from 44BC depicting Julius Caesar, who was the first ruler to be represented on Roman coins during his lifetime. The original piece on which this is based was sourced by the prestigious dealer and certified coin expert Ritter in Düsseldorf.
Each individually numbered pen comes in a highly polished black wooden case with a certificate bearing the signature of Count Charles von Faber-Castell.
In the Roman Empire, marble statues were reserved for gods and emperors. 'Staturio' marble in particular was known to stand for elegance and prestige. Naturally, Graf von Faber-Castell's Pen of the Year 2018, 'Imperium Romanum', features white 'statuario' marble combined with platinum-plated accents.
This very special rollerball pen is limited to 120 pieces worldwide.