Originally founded in 1883, Heidelberger Federhalterfabrik produced wooden dip pens. In 1889, in a commercial relationship with Morton, New York, the Kaweco brand was born offering fountain pens and gold nibs. Kaweco are now one of the oldest German brands available. Many current pens still carry the three part circle logo containing KA WE CO which was originally adopted in 1930 with the merging of Kaweco and Aurumia. Kaweco survived both World Wars and started production again in 1945, celebrating 130 years in 2013.
Every aspect of a Kaweco product exhibits the high standards and quality assurance that Kaweco strive for giving a beautifully engineered product that will last for decades and be a joy to own and use.