Ballads are a narrative written in a poetic form. While…
There aren’t many events sweeter in life than the birth of a new bundle of joy. A new life brings a smile to everyone’s faces.
If a friend, relative or colleague has just welcomed a baby into the world, then it’s time to buy (or make) a new baby card and send them your well wishes.
So, what should you write in a new baby card? The event is so monumental, it can feel intimidating to know what to write — especially when you consider the fact that new baby cards tend to be kept over the years to cherish and revisit.
We have put together some top suggestions for you below to ease the stress and make your life a little bit easier.
Personalise your new baby card with a message inspired by one of the following:
- You are going to make incredible parents!
- I can’t wait to meet him/her.
- We’re so thrilled for you!
- Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful baby boy/girl.
- I can’t wait to babysit him/her for you.
- Congratulations on the new alarm clock!
- We can’t wait to meet the latest addition to the family.
- We’re over the moon about your new arrival!
- Congratulations! It’s a shame you can’t get to know [name] at home yet but she’s in the best place to get all the care she needs for now.
- Congratulations on the birth of [name] and he’s in our thoughts while he undergoes his surgeries.
- We’re so thankful the birth went well. I look forward to giving your little one a cuddle!
- We’re so happy for you. Bring on the sleepless nights and dirty nappies!
- You successfully created a tiny human!
- Let the noise begin! Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful daughter, [name].
- Goodbye tummy, hello Mummy!
- Welcome to Club Baby. We promise the sleepless nights are worth it!
- Let the new adventure begin! Congratulations on a healthy, gorgeous baby boy.
- The next few years will be the best years of your life.
- Welcome to the world, little one! I can’t wait to meet you and have a cuddle.
- Wishing you the very best of luck with your new baby.
- Welcome to parenthood. It’s a wild ride!
- May this time be one that you always cherish and can look back on with fond memories.
- All the best on your newest family member! We’re glad he/she is happy and healthy and can’t wait to meet him/her. Give us a call if you need anything!
- Cherish every moment — he/she will be a teenager before you know it!
- Congratulations! You knew you were getting two, right?!
- Double the fun!
- Surprise! Let us know if we can help out in any way when you’re home.
- Two’s company, three’s a handful! But if anyone can handle it, you guys can. Good luck and you know where we are if you need any help!
Depending on the age of the adopted child, you may want to buy a general congratulations card or a blank card instead of a new baby card.
- Congratulations! We know how long you have waited to meet [name] and now your dream has come true.
- I am over the moon for you all. Welcome to the family, [name]. You have amazing parents!
- Congratulations to your wonderful family!
- This was meant to be, and we couldn’t be happier for you! We can’t wait to meet him/her.
Add a warm closing such as ‘with all our love’ and you’re done!
If you struggle to know what to write in cards, you might also find our sympathy card guide helpful.