The preferred pen of President Obama, Pope Benedict and the…
Imagine being able to write invisibly on any surface, and those written words then automatically transferring to your phone, tablet, laptop or TV.
Currently a Kickstarter project, but having already raised well over the amount required to get manufactured, the Phree pen by OTM Technologies will soon be a reality that will be able to do just that.
This video explains Phree’s features:
The Phree is like a far more developed version of a mobile phone stylus, which overrides the need to have your phone out. This could be a bonus for folk like me, who often struggle to locate their phone in their bag, and then when they do, then take another 5 minutes to find and open the app they need to use!
This new pen enables you to do the following:
- Make notes and take down someone’s number without having to get your phone out or find a regular pen and paper
- Send messages in your real handwriting, for a more personal approach to a modern communication method
- Send, receive and write text messages using just the Phree and its Bluetooth capability
- Take minutes or add notes to documents
- Create drawings, and add doodles or text to photos
- Use handwriting recognition software; you will be able to send plain text too instead of your handwriting
- Use Phree as a mouse
- Use Phree as a headset for phonecalls
It seems that the design of the pen has been well thought out too; it works just as well for left as for right-handed individuals, it is pressure sensitive for line width, it charges in an hour and has wireless charging capability, and its cap can be attached to create a stand when in use.
Could there be a downside to this incredible technology? I do predict a future of people being told off in public for appearing to vandalise things such as coffee shop tables, walls or even the pavement!
Further information on this project can be found on the Kickstarter page, here.