According to research carried out by a company in the…
I recently participated in my first ever online gift exchange and as the theme was ‘Pens & Stationery’ I decided to share my experience with you, fellow stationery lovers, here on our blog!
I have known about Reddit’s Gift Exchange for some time, and been rather curious. However, when I saw that one of the current exchange themes was on my favourite things, I decided that now was the time.
I chose an international exchange, and on the matching day I was provided with details of a female stationery lover in Sao Paulo, Brazil. My incoming match will also be international, but I won’t know where my parcel is coming from until it arrives. It was posted to me on 20th February, so it is (hopefully!) currently in transit to the UK.
The recommended amount to spend on your exchange is approximately $20 (which is currently about £13).
When you sign up for an exchange, you are able to provide information for your match, to help them understand your likes and dislikes. My match said she likes notebooks she can carry with her at all times, Moleskines, pretty & cute stationery, Stabilo pens and post-it notes. I noticed from her profile that she also loves Harry Potter, and she said she is waiting for her Hogwarts invite letter. Based on all this info, I eventually plumped for sending her the below:
Items I sent to my match:
- Rabbit-shaped paperclips
- A pack of pastel-coloured Bic ballpoint pens
- A plastic document wallet with a frog design
- A pink Moleskine-style notepad with a heart embellishment on the front cover
- A pack of tissues with a £10 note design on them (not stationery, but I thought they’d be a fun addition)
- A pack of speech bubble memo notes
- A pack of moustache-themed memo notes
- A pack of 3 small, pretty notepads
- A pencil with a circus design
- A pack of 3 metallic Stabilo gel pens
- A pink pencil case with an owl design
- A cat-shaped ballpoint pen
- A mini notepad with a pug-themed cover
- A set of pug-themed stationery, consisting of a ruler, eraser, pen and pencil
- A blue notebook with a woodland/fox design
- A tooth-shaped eraser
- A little London-themed card
- A ballpoint pen with an animal design
- A letter of acceptance from Hogwarts, in a wax-sealed envelope (printed at home)
I thought I would find this exchange quite difficult, as I was on such a tight budget, but I think it went ok and I’m hoping the recipient likes what I chose.
The Gift I Received
I wanted to share the gift I received, to complete my exchange story. Here are 2 photos of the items that arrived in the post from my RedditGifts match:
Have you ever participated in a gift exchange? Let me know in the comments below!